Coronavirus (COVID-19) Business Update – September 2021
Here at Pinnacle Surveyors we want to assure you that we are putting all the necessary steps in place to ensure the safety of our staff and the safety of the households we visit.
We are adhering to the current Government Guidelines and a copy of our ‘Staying COVID-19 Secure in 2020’ confirmation can be found in our Download Area.
To ensure everyone is kept safe during inspections we will be following the below procedure:
- We will check if the person/people who live at the property have been or are currently in self-isolation due to coronavirus within the last 14 days or is currently symptomatic. If the answer is yes, we will not be able to proceed to book an appointment.
If it is safe for everyone for the surveyor to visit the property, we will then confirm the following steps which need to be in place for an appointment to go ahead:
- Remind the occupant not to approach the surveyor and to remain socially distanced
- Advise that the surveyor will be following Government Guidance and will be wearing appropriate PPE
- All external & internal doors should be unlocked and open with keys readily accessible
- The loft hatch should be opened with the ladder accessible, if applicable
- The surveyor will telephone to advise of their arrival time and will confirm the pre-inspection questions above regarding the property
- Confirm the best telephone number for the surveyor to contact the occupant
Only if the occupier agrees with all the above will we proceed to book an appointment.
For any tenanted properties, we will need to check through the above with the person who will be meeting our surveyor at the property, again to ensure everyone’s safety.
For more information please click on this link for the current Government Advice. Section 4.2 details Working in other people’s homes. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/working-safely-during-covid-19/construction-and-other-outdoor-work#outdoors-4-2
Whilst we are going through these unprecedented times, we can assure you we will do everything we can to support our clients and customers.
We thank you all for your understanding and please stay safe.